Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Good, better, best.

1:15 AM.

Awake, alone in the room (nothing unusual there).

Couldn't quite fall asleep. Couldn't stop thinking. Have tried all the usual tricks -- counting, music, pillow over head, lights on, lights off -- to no effect. Sometimes there's nothing for it.

In five hours I must be up for work. If I'm not too wobbly, I will talk them into giving me an extra shift. Something safe, like dishes.

1:15 AM.

Nothing is wrong.

Nothing is wrong, but I'm awake, writing "it will get better" in different colors. Makes me wonder who I'm trying to convince.

2 comments:

  1. It will get better. I promise. And if times are hard, feel free to call me. I'm almost always up way late. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, I've been having that problem lately. I shower, dress for bed, brush teeth, close the blinds (including all other sources of light, and lye in bed... Yet, I still find myself awake an hour later.

    Maybe it's something in the stars? If you wanna look at it that way. Haha

    I'll research some interesting psychology methods as to how to get to sleep. Typically, humans can fall fast asleep in 7 minutes. I will figure out how this is supposedly possible. :]

    ReplyDelete